Monday, September 04, 2006

A mass grave of quicksand and idealism

I come on here to reclaim some ownership over my blog that I have meaningfully neglected for the past two months. But the one topic that comes to mind is the blasted topic that I have spent the past week attempting to keep from my mind.

Expectations.

What are they? Where do they come from? And why do they plague me so?

In a world where liberation is applauded and freedom is flaunted, why are we still inexplicably bound by expectations - not even those held by ourselves, but those we imagine are held against us by others?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Expectations...those we imagine are held against us by others"

I think about this every day. At times I wonder if I don't think about it enough, others if I think about it too much. Perhaps if I stop thinking about why I imagine expectations are placed on me, I will stop imagining them.
I wish I knew how to not suck at life.