Thursday, September 14, 2006

In a room smudged with shadows, You're all I need to see

Afficher. Supprimer. Créer. Everything on this screen is in french, and I am charmed in an unsettled way.

Everything except Preview, that is. Prévue ne fonctionne pas pour ces gens? Ou est-ce que «prévue» est mème pire que «preview» parce qu'il est une anglicisme? Me pardonnez - je suis anglophone!

I hadn't even realized how negative my outlook on life had become until I woke up this morning and began cataloguing negativity before I had even rolled over in bed. Almost immediately, my entry from last night pushed its way into the room still hazy with predawn shadows and sat heavily on my chest. I sighed. And I began to pray, for anyone and anything that came to mind, while trying to focus on His blessings.

If nothing else: it made me laugh at myself this morning and I haven't fallen asleep in class yet. I'll take one miracle at a time.

1 comment:

Michael said...

I haven't fallen asleep in class yet either! I keep trying though...