Wednesday, September 06, 2006

From the mouths of babes

Oh, if this is a vision of what this year holds...

Then my headache tells me I'm in trouble.

After not sleeping all night, blessed again by the insomniac demon that has plagued my sleep for the past two weeks, I awoke at the ungodly, unearthly, inhuman hour of 6:00 AM and was out of the house by 7:00. The friendly Telebus operator had advised me to catch the 7:27 bus, but, stricken by uncertainty and anxiety, I oh-so-intelligently caught the 7:15 bus instead. Meaning I had the fine opportunity to wait downtown, at 7:30 AM, surrounded by hordes of other bleary, unimpressed citizens, for an extra twenty minutes. Oh, fine thinking indeed.

So my day commenced at 6:00 AM and is finally winding down now, close to midnight. I worked tonight after classes that went until 5:30 PM. It was my first actual day of classes, seeing as how yesterday's "classes" consisted of a sporadic soccer game accompanied by extremely mellow franco-manitobain live music outside in a tent. My day was a hum of crisp french accents and concise scientific objectives... two things that have been starkly absent in my life for the past two years.

C'est dommage, c'est la vie - pour moi, l'extraordinaire est qu'est-ce que je peux maintenant attendre tous les jours.

1 comment:

Michael said...

So, how are the classes going?