Wednesday, October 18, 2006

When the hidden card is a deuce... or a cunning lady

So. Studied all yesterday (well, after I took an hour and a half nap and ran to Superstore for some necessities and got in the way of my brother's filming project by carelessly eating my lunch at the kitchen table) for an exam that was cancelled 5 minutes before it was supposed to take place. I can sympathize that you're sick, Monsieur. But if you're well enough to make it to school, you're well enough to sit for an hour and do nothing so that we can write our exam! Have I said it before? The respect of students is such a beautiful thing.

Also panicked all yesterday about my ridiculous class situation. First, I fought to drop Rédaction and was told I was too stupid to be taking it in the first place. Then apparently I was too smart to be allowed to drop it. Then they found out I never needed it, but I found out that they make a habit of "screwing students over". So now I have an appointment with the registrat who will probably succeed in confusing me even more. Some phrase about the respect of students is ringing an alarm bell just about now...

Right. Also received a letter yesterday. Didn't add to the soap opera, as Mom so kindly suggested, but did cause my thoughts to fly. Far away. Onto that plane I was talking about before.

Almost forgot - might get fired from work because I changed my availability. Doesn't matter that I do my job well and sell more than most of the managers. No, I dare to go to school in hopes of one day having a career that pays more than minimum wage and doesn't depend on suggestively selling confection combos for self-fulfillment (although those combos are pretty sexy).

Finally, my aunt picked me up ridiculously early this morning (I had just come downstairs! I hadn't even taken a bite out of my toast yet!), but stopped for coffee because we had extra time. Robin's coffee. In other words, stale coffee grounds scooped out of the compost and diluted with river water (I thought I saw a finger floating in there, but it may have just been a piece of soggy doughnut). After all my proud words about never stooping to drinking that filth... I stooped. I'll admit it. Never again.

I sound so petty. I'm really just overwhelmed. I would love for life to be somewhat boring, because then at least I could choose to make it exciting. Instead, my life is just full of busyness, a lot of which I don't particularly care for. Positive thoughts... positive thoughts... I might go live with my sister next week! Merveilleuse. I feel better already.

2 comments:

Michael said...

My friend, you need help. Convenience is never an excuse for drinking Robins coffee.

saran said...

Hey! It was apparently "Be-nice-to-me-day," as my aunt put it. Could I really kick the gift horse in the face (or however that saying goes)?