Monday, December 11, 2006

Shallow and utterly irresistable love

Life is looking up, my friends.

I bought new shoes today. Beautiful, compelling new shoes that make me feel like a comic book character in the sexiest way possible. I'm laughing at myself. But I do love my new shoes. Benito New Year's Eve Dance, watch out! Forget Santa: the hot big-city shoes are coming to town.

AND. (I know, there's already new shoes in this story - how could it get any better? Oh, but it does...) While my lovely mother was purchasing not-so-compelling-but-very-comfy new nursing shoes (complete with a Dr. Scholl's removable gel pad! I'll tell you right now, my new shoes may be gorgeous, but they do not have a gel pad), I was perusing the handbag section of the store. The handbag sale section. And who happened to pick up a lovely little bag and find it marked down to $9.99? There was another bag - Italian, white, leather, sigh - for only $19.99, but I finally made myself resist. (If anyone's struggling for Christmas present ideas for me...)

Ah. Shoes and a handbag in one hurried evening out. I may fail my exams this week, but I'll look fantastic as I do so.


p.s. The Crystal Lewis cd I had stolen from my sister so long ago that I thought she finally stole back? I found it yesterday evening in our cd stand - life is not only looking better, but sounding better as well!

2 comments:

Michael said...

So, are you from the big city or are your shoes unusally large?

I'm thrilled you've purchased comic-book-sexy footwear. Well done you.

Anonymous said...

(I'm at home now so I can finally comment.)
1.) Hurrah for new shoes (especially the sexy kind) and a new bag (especially the lovely kind)!
2.) Crystal Lewis (along with several guys from Newsies) used to be a part of the cast of Roundhouse, the long-lost Nickelodeon song/dance/skit show that I used to watch as a kid....man, I miss that show.
3.) I love you. You should email me again sometime soon so I can email you back (I lost everything on my computer, including email addresses).
4.) This comment is absolutely full to the brim with parentheses. I apologize.