Monday, November 13, 2006

Making my ancestors proud...

I think a study should be done on the completely bizarre eating habits of students. Come to think of it, I'm sure there have already been countless studies done; all those articles on the Freshman 15 didn't come out of nowhere. Maybe they should just use me as a case study then. I had a microbiology exam this morning, so I spent all yesterday evening studying. My study-eating habits are not too pretty. I had a normal breakfast, went to church, came home and had a normal lunch. Then things started getting out of control. It used to be that I would inevitably get uncontrollable munchies while studying. Now, the munchies attack me when I even think about studying. I went through chips, chocolate, a random second lunch of slow-cooked porkchops and saurekraut (Я љублю кіслу капусту!), several apples, more chips, numerous glasses of lemon ginger ale (I hate ginger ale but by this point my stomach was upset), and some raisins. Chocolate-covered, of course. Then peppermint tea and kubasa and cheese made an appearance for supper. And then I started studying.

No, it wasn't quite that bad. I fit some studying in somewhere between the second lunch and the late dinner. And now, it's only 1100 in the morning, and I'm already more than ready for lunch.

I think all of the brain cells I miss while studying end up in my stomach, making it larger and emptier than ever. Sigh. I should have taken a culinary degree and killed two birds with one stone.

3 comments:

Michael said...

I regularly forego food when it comes to work and study. It almost always comes back to bite me, but that hasn't changed my habits.

Raelynn Ann said...

Yes, it's 3am... I'm taking a study "break" and my stomach is growling... I think I'm going to get some grub.

They should just invent a combo excersize/food cooler chair that is stable enough to read 5.7 type text books. That would make life MUCH easier.

Sheena said...

heh heh...
speaking of making your ancestors proud, thanks for linking to the Canadian Blog Awards.

Shameless, thy name is Sheena.