Monday, January 22, 2007

I left my washing in the launderette

What is wrong with all of you? I figure out how to post a widget on my blog - not only that, but I discover that the word "widget" exists - and no one even comments on it! This is a high-tech blog coming from an extremely technologically-challenged blogger! Show some appreciation!

My mother is holidaying in the East right now. In a museum, she stumbled upon a Orthodox celebration of Jesus' baptism (conducted in Ukrainian), and was able to console and distract an extremely bored French priest by translating the liturgy for him. What a mom: such a crusader in bridging the cultural gaps of our country!

I am attempting, for the umpteenth (literally umpteenth - count it) time, to stop chewing my nails. I've made more progress than ever before; I actually have visible nails! But now the skin around my cuticles has grown out to the dry, extremely-satisfying chewable stage, and it's so tempting. I can hear it tempting me. Today in microbiologie, I sat there and was so consumed with cravings to chew that I tried to console myself with imagining exactly how I would chew my cuticles off if I still actually chewed my nails - which I don't, of course. And then the temptation was too great and I chewed them ferociously for a good 10 minutes. Argh. Now I have bandaids over all my fingers to help myself along.

It's lunch (well, 10:45, so close enough), and time for some couscous. And thus endeth the entry that makes all other rambling entries look foolish.

The end.

No comments: